- Brentwood donates more than $300,000 to Brentwood Schools and rec programsBrentwood YMCA, the Brentwood Ball Club, the Brentwood Blaze and the FiftyForward Martin Center all received a donation. Steve Saxton, a ... read more
- Affordable ‘lifelong learning’ classes offer great options for seniors and other email@example.com or call 615-298-8050. FiftyForward FiftyForward also offers fun and interesting classes in various locations for members ... read more
- BWW Review: Leaving STEEL MAGNOLIAS’ Chinquapin on a Very High Note at The KeetonMagnolias. By Robert Harling. Directed by Donna Driver. Produced by Jamie London. Presented by The Larry Keeton Theatre, Donelson. Through ... read more
- Janet Jernigan, executive director of FiftyForward, to retireadults, their families and children served through our intergenerational programs.” FiftyForward, a 62-year-old organization, serves senior ... read more
- Hats Off to Bordeaux! to raise funds for FiftyForwardThe Hats Off to Bordeaux! fundraiser is set to raise funds for FiftyForward Bordeaux, which serves more than 2,000 senior citizens in that ... read more
- Award-winning singer/songwriter Mike Reid brings magic to FiftyForward benefit concertaccess to resources including FiftyForward Adult Day Services, FiftyForward Meals on Wheels as well as the FiftyForward Care Team offering ... read more
- Launch event helps introduce ‘All of Us’ initiative to Nashvillethrough an event co-sponsored by FiftyForward and Vanderbilt Health that was held at the FiftyForward headquarters in Madison. “The All of ... read more
- Nashville award-winning songwriter Reid to entertain at Music & Memories13th Annual Music & Memories concert featuring Mike Reid and benefitting FiftyForward Martin Center in Brentwood will be Thursday, May 17, ... read more
- Nashvillians to Play Important Role in “All of Us,” Nation’s Largest Health Research Initiativem. at 301 Madison Street -- the Madison Station location of FiftyForward, an advocacy and social services organization for people age 50 and ... read more
- “All of Us Research Program” & FiftyForwardOn today's show we are joined by Gretchen Funk and Kelsey Mahaffey, with FiftyForward, to discuss the "All of Us Research Program", and how ... read more
- Crown Affair patrons party welcomes new honorees to FiftyForward ‘family’agency programs and services such as FiftyForward Care Management, FiftyForward Meals on Wheels and FiftyForward Adult Day Services. This ... read more
- FiftyForward offers the popular Aging Mastery Program® at its centers Classes begin with Dr. Celeste Lee as the program facilitator30 p.m. (Mondays) FiftyForward Donelson Station, (615) 883-8375 June 5 – July 24; 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (Tuesdays) FiftyForward Knowles, (615) ... read more
- Retirement age is just a numberto the community.” For more information on FiftyForward and its programs, volunteer and otherwise, visit https://fiftyforward.org. ... read more
- It’s tax time: Volunteers offer free help starting Saturday. Sat. 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (by appointment only) 3. FiftyForward College Grove 8607 Horton Highway College Grove, Tenn. 37046 Thurs. 9 a.m. to ... read more
- 6 great options of affordable classes for ‘Lifelong Learners’-966-6216 or 1-800-333-4358, ext. 6216. FiftyForward FiftyForward offers an impressive list of classes (Aging Mastery Program, bridge, tai ... read more
Oct. 4, 2017: This past summer, Mayor Megan Barry launched an initiative called Opportunity NOW to provide young people in Davidson County access to employment to learn “soft skills” and to gain experience. FiftyForward Executive Director Janet Jernigan wrote an editorial describing some of the experiences of our summer employees in the program. Read it HERE.
May 11, 2017: WKRN TV Channel 2 covered the story of a FiftyForward Victory Over Crime client who had paid for roofing work to be done on her house, but the scammer took the money and the work wasn’t done. Catch the story HERE and call VOC if you are a crime victim 50+. (615) 743-3417. They can help you to become a survivor.
April 26, 2017: Development Director Karin Weaver and Executive Director Janet Jernigan were featured in a story assessing the rising cost of caregiving in Nashville for our aging population. View it HERE. For more information, please feel free to call FiftyForward, (615) 743-3400.
April 4, 2018: Fox17 featured a story on the property tax freeze/relief program available for older adults and veterans here in Nashville. FiftyForward is one agency of several that can assist older adults filling out the paperwork for this program. Watch it HERE.
March 20, 2017: FiftyForward Executive Director Janet Jernigan was interviewed in mid-March by a number of local television stations to gain insight on potential federal cuts to Meals on Wheels programs. Sharie Loik Goodman, FiftyForward Meal on Wheels director, did a terrific job securing two stellar volunteers who were willing to be interviewed along their routes. View the various media clips below:
From Fox17 News
Feb. 14, 2017: The Nashville Ledger highlights the property tax relief and free program. Read about it HERE and get assistance from FiftyForward Living at Home Care Management by calling (615) 743-3416.
Oct. 21, 2016: Supportive Care Services Director Gretchen Funk was interviewed about her lifelong work in service, heading several programs where caregiving is the focus of service. Read about her work HERE (page 17).
July 21, 2016: The Center for Nonprofit Management names its annual “30 in their ’30s” and FiftyForward Madiosn Station Director Kelsey Mahaffey was honored in the list. Read it HERE.
May 19, 2016: FiftyForward RSVP program receives national recognition and accolades for its work with K-4 students in math and reading as well as with military personnel and veterans. Read all about it HERE.
March 27, 2016: Mary Hance, better known to readers of The Tennessean as “Ms. Cheap,” wrote a wonderful article on FiftyForward centers, activities and programming. (Please note: Due to the partnership agreement that exists between the YMCA and the FiftyForward J. L. Turner Center, members 50+ who join the facility benefit from full access to programs at locations of both organizations in Middle Tennessee. Membership dues are consistent with YMCA rates.) Read about it HERE.
Feb. 9, 2016: FiftyForward celebrates its 60th anniversary this year. Click HERE to read about our impact in the community and our ongoing mission to serve adults 50+.
Nov. 26, 2015: FiftyForward Meals on Wheels delivers more than 300 meals this Thanksgiving, bringing the holiday cheer to many of our homebound clients. Watch the video HERE from NewsChannel 5.
Nov. 18, 2015: Viva la Diva created a new timed category to its roster this year and celebrated Pam Jennings as our first aquatic runner. She ran a Viva 5K time of 31:54. She inspired us to stay active and embrace the challenges head on! You read about her Viva run HERE.
Nov. 14, 2015: FiftyForward Martin Center celebrated its 10th anniversary of Martin Masters by featuring the artists of York & Company Art Gallery. Read about it HERE in Nashville Arts.
Oct. 3, 2015: There’s a lot happening at all the FiftyForward centers, but FiftyForward College Grove is especially hopping this time of year. Read about it HERE.
Sept. 11, 2015: To mark this year’s 9/11 anniversary RSVP partnered with the USO to collect dry goods for the military who pass through several USO centers in the greater Nashville area, including the USO Welcome Center at BNA. This 9/11 National Day of Service and Remembrance brought our dozens of RSVP and center members volunteers to collect food at select area Kroger stores. Red about it HERE.
July 29, 2015: With the success of the partnership between Meals on Wheels and Teleflora’s Make Someone Smile campaign, local company Edible Arrangements wanted to help out, too. The kindly donated fresh fruit to accompany today’s delivery of meals. WSMV Channel 4 covered the delivery. Watch it HERE.
July 22, 2015: FiftyForward Meals on Wheel teamed with Teleflora and local florist Rebel Hill Florists to provide a bit of cheer to its clients in the annual Make Someone Smile® campaign. WSMV Channel 4 covered the campaign. See the video HERE.
June 9, 2015: In preparation for the upcoming 6th annual Hats Off to Bordeaux! event at FiftyForward Patricia Hart Building, Jennifer Mobley spoke with the Tennessee tribune about the event and how it celebrates the Bordeaux community. Watch the video HERE.
April 2015: FiftyForward Crown Affair celebrated its 26th year with another lovely reception, silent auction, and catered dinner. Read about it HERE.
March 31, 2015: FiftyForward’s signature fundraising event, Crown Affair, added a special recognition event to honor all its past honorees. It was a festive cocktail reception with many of the agency’s past honorees coming together for the first time. Read about it HERE.
Feb. 2015: This year marked the 25th work anniversary of FiftyForward Executive Director Janet Jernigan and Associate Executive Director Adrienne Newman and they were named 2015’s Dynamic Duo Women of Influence by the Nashville Business Journal. They spoke about their experience and this wonderful honor. Watch the video HERE.
December 26, 2014: FiftyForward Meals on Wheels Christmas Day deliveries were featured on Channel 2 here in Nashville. More than 300 meals were delivered by volunteers who make it a cheerful day for older adults. http://wkrn.com/2014/12/25/volunteers-give-hot-meals-warm-smiles-to-seniors/
October 2014: Candace Waligora, FiftyForward J. L. Turner Center program director, was one of five artists chosen (out of 35 entrants) to paint a decorative bollard outside of The Frist. The Frist captured the process with a short video that you can view HERE. Kudos to Candace–we are so proud of her wonderful work!
July 24, 2014: The Larry Keeton Theatre, as part of FiftyForward Donelson Station, received rave reviews for its production of Seussical The Musical. Read it HERE.
July 24, 2014: FiftyForward Meals on Wheels recipients received a meal and a smile (in the form of flowers) as we partnered with Teleflora Tennessee and Rebel Hill Florists for the national Make Someone Smile® Campaign. WKRN Channel 2’s Alan Devine covered the story and you can view it here: http://www.wkrn.com/category/175880/video-landing-page?clipId=10397706&autostart=true
For more information on FiftyForward Meals on Wheels, please contact Sharie Loik at (615) 463-2264 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 17, 2014: FiftyForward FLIP tutor Patty Young is featured in a story in the Williamson AM/Tennessean. Read it HERE. For more information about Friends Learning in Pairs (FLIP), please call Sandra Thomas at (615) 743-3422.
July 7, 2014: FiftyForward College Grove welcomed Statesman Ben Franklin (actor Herb Wallace), reading a monologue written by member Luke Boyd. The Williamson Herald wrote a feature article about this wonderful visit. Click HERE to read.
June 30, 2014: The FiftyForward Martin Center Card Crusaders were featured in a Tennessean story when U.S. Rep. Marsha Blackburn paid a visit to see their work first hand. Clink HERE to read.
May 30, 2014: The Tennessean featured a story on FiftyForward Meals on Wheels volunteer Barry Coggins. Barry has delivered meals and smiles for more than 20 years. To read the story, click here or read the pdf.
April 22, 2014: The 9th Annual Music and Memories at FiftyForward Martin Center will feature hometown singer, Melinda Dolittle, the third-place finisher during the sixth season of “American Idol” in 2007, in our fundraising concert at the Franklin Theatre. Tickets are available ($42/pp) but will sell out quickly! Read the story HERE.
April 3, 2014: FiftyForward Government Affairs Committee sponsored a Close Up with the Candidates open house with Davidson County candidates up for election in May. The event was held at FiftyForward Patricia Hart Building, on Wed., April 2, 1:30 -3:30 p.m. The Tennessean posted this article about the forum. Read it HERE or click Here to read it online:
March 2014: FiftyForward Victory Over Crime Director Carolyn Biggers was interviewed by Channel 5 as she explains how FiftyForward advocates for older adults (50+) who have been victimized. We help them become survivors. If you know someone who could use our services or if you have been a victim of a scam or other crime, please call (615) 743-3417.
Clink HERE to view the video.
December 25, 2013: Mr. Richard Parker, a FiftyForward Foster Grandparent program volunteer, is highlighted in this touching story about the Napier community in The Tennessean on Christmas Day.
Click HERE to view.
November 2013: FiftyForward Martin Center gets into the holiday giving spirit as well as receiving a visit from miniature donkeys. Read about it HERE.
November 2013: FiftyForward College Grove Center Director, Sarah Stephens, finds joy and purpose in an occupation that supports her hometown residents. Read about it HERE.
October 2013: FiftyForward Martin Center’s Martin Masters Art Show features guest artist Frank Gee. Read about it HERE.
July 29, 2013: FiftyForward Martin Center’s Card Crusaders made the news again! See the lovely surprise that was waiting for them at the center!
June 2013: FiftyForward Martin Center’s upcoming Music and Memories concert featuring the Grascals has been featured in several Brentwood publications. Tickets are going quickly! Call to reserve your seat!
June, 2013: Join us for FiftyForward’s Hats Off to Bordeaux! Luncheon and Hat Fashion Show. View our press release for more details. For tickets, please call FiftyForward, (615) 743-3400.
June, 2013: FiftyForward College Grove hosts a yard sale and a multitude of fun and informative activities. Read more about it in the Triune.
February, 2013: FiftyForward’s Foster Grandparents were featured on News Channel 2 in February, 2013.
View the video here.
FiftyForward RSVP commemorates a National Day of Service on MLK Day. View the article from the Tennessean online!