Become a FiftyForward Foster Grandparent, Give your Heart to the Children of Nashville
What is a FiftyForward Foster Grandparent?
Share your day shaping children’s tomorrows through tutoring and mentoring. Sharing your love, time, and experience, gives you the power to help a child who needs you.
As a FiftyForward Foster Grandparent, you’re a role model, a mentor and a friend. Serving at a local school or child learning center, you help children learn to read, provide one-on-one tutoring and guide children at a critical time in their lives.
Simply put, you give the kind of comfort and love that sets a child on the path toward a successful future.
You Have What it Takes
If you’re 55 or older and want to share your experience and compassion,
you have what it takes to be a FiftyForward Foster Grandparent. It’s simple:
- Are you available five days each morning and can volunteer for four hours each day?
- Is your income at or below $22,980 per year?
- Do you live in Davidson County?
- You must be able to pass a background screening
- Are you interested in helping the children of Nashville?
If you answered YES to all of these questions, please contact Penny Gammons, FiftyForward Foster Grandparents Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (615) 743-3420.
Giving Back Helps You, Too:
When you volunteer, you’re not just helping others – you’re helping yourself.
Volunteering leads to new discoveries and new friends. Studies show that volunteering helps you live longer and promotes a positive outlook on life.
You also receive compensation as follows:
- A small hourly living stipend — not counted as income, so no public benefits are affected.
- Transportation allowance.
- Free lunch while volunteering each day.
- Being admired and loved by children.