The FiftyForward RSVP Community Placement Program allows you to choose the opportunity that best fits you and your life experience. We work with several nonprofit agencies in Davidson and Williamson counties that focus on community and economic development, disaster relief and recovery, education, environment, health and nutrition, human needs, and veterans and military families. The RSVP Agency page lists the nonprofits with which we work.
FiftyForward RSVP volunteers serve in a variety of ways including delivering meals, instructing classes, leading advisory boards, tutoring and mentoring adults, and working with children.
FiftyForward RSVP’s goal is to provide an atmosphere in which volunteers feel comfortable sharing their passions, abilities, and experiences on a schedule that fits their busy lifestyles.
RSVP uses the following process to match prospective volunteers to opportunities:
- Prospective volunteers contact FiftyForward RSVP and schedule an interview.
- Volunteers are asked to complete a registration form, either before or during their interview.
- To provide an effective match, a FiftyForward RSVP staff member interviews all potential volunteers to assess their interests, skills and schedule.
- Adults who are interested in working one-on-one with children or frail adults go through a background-screening process.
- Volunteers are referred to an agency that matches their profile.
- Volunteers are placed on our email newsletter list to be notified of volunteer opportunities.
- Volunteer agencies provide further orientation and instruction.
If your volunteer placement doesn’t work out, we are happy to meet with you again to find a better fit and keep you CONNECTED to our community!