- Theobald takes over at Martin Center as longtime director Joyce Keistler retires37027, near the WSM Tower at I-65 and Concord Road. It opened in 2002. Joyce Keistler has been with the nonprofit FiftyForward since 1996. ... read more
- After 52 years of nonprofit leadership, Nashville’s champion for seniors Janet Jernigan retiresolder adults — Janet Jernigan, executive director of FiftyForward, will retire. FiftyForward is just one of multiple executive leadership ... read more
- Volunteers delivering Christmas meals to senior citizensDozens of volunteers spent Christmas morning delivering warm meals and smiles to homebound senior citizens in Middle Tennessee. It's through a nonprofit called FiftyForward that has a Meals on Wheels program. "We're just delighted to do this. It's a great thing to do on Christmas morning. Puts ... read more
- Janet brings a competitive spirit to her job as executive director at Fiftyforward, an organization that supports and enhances life for those 50 and older.Janet brings a competitive spirit to her job as executive director at Fiftyforward, an organization that supports and enhances life for those 50 and older. ... read more
- FiftyForward Donelson Station hosts casino night to benefit its many programs, services and activities for older adults in the Donelson communitylife for those 50 and older. For more information on FiftyForward Donelson Station, call (615) 883-8375 or visit www. fiftyforward.org. ... read more
- FiftyForward J. L. Turner Center embraced Hollywood glam for An Evening in Old Hollywood fundraising eventand services of FiftyForward J. L. Turner Center. Established in 2006, the center serves more than 860 members annually. The FiftyForward J. ... read more
- The Larry Keeton Theatre presents: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee!grants from the Tennessee Arts Commission with additional funding from FiftyForward, McKendree Village and Matching Campaign donors. For ... read more
- Employment and resource fair for older adultsresource fair to fill those voids. The employment fair will be held at FiftyForward Madison Station (301 Madison St.) on Wednesday, Oct. 10 ... read more
- Poll: Health Care, Social Security Big Concerns for TN Voters 50-Plusrepresentative from Bill Lee's campaign will discuss aging issues with FiftyForward and the Nashville Council on Aging at the Patricia Hart ... read more
- Greeting card makers at Brentwood senior center raise thousands in eight yearsmaking its first card. The Card Crusaders make greeting cards at the FiftyForward Martin Center in Brentwood./ / Photo Matt Blois The group ... read more
- FiftyForward names new executive director, who is retiring on Dec. 31. Hussey, who will begin at FiftyForward in mid-October and will work concurrently with Jernigan until the end ... read more
- How will Tennessee’s Next Governor Address Aging Issues?a first-come, first-served basis. Gubernatorial Forum on Aging FiftyForward Patricia Hart Building 174 Rains Ave. Nashville, TN 37203 (Map ... read more
- FiftyForward J. L. Turner Center embraces Hollywood glam for An Evening in Old Hollywood fundraising event615-673-8715; email@example.com. # # # About FiftyForward Established in 1956, FiftyForward supports, champions and enhances life ... read more
- Brentwood donates more than $300,000 to Brentwood Schools and rec programs
- Brentwood donates more than $300,000 to Brentwood Schools and rec programs
Oct. 4, 2017: This past summer, Mayor Megan Barry launched an initiative called Opportunity NOW to provide young people in Davidson County access to employment to learn “soft skills” and to gain experience. FiftyForward Executive Director Janet Jernigan wrote an editorial describing some of the experiences of our summer employees in the program. Read it HERE.
May 11, 2017: WKRN TV Channel 2 covered the story of a FiftyForward Victory Over Crime client who had paid for roofing work to be done on her house, but the scammer took the money and the work wasn’t done. Catch the story HERE and call VOC if you are a crime victim 50+. (615) 743-3417. They can help you to become a survivor.
April 26, 2017: Development Director Karin Weaver and Executive Director Janet Jernigan were featured in a story assessing the rising cost of caregiving in Nashville for our aging population. View it HERE. For more information, please feel free to call FiftyForward, (615) 743-3400.
April 4, 2018: Fox17 featured a story on the property tax freeze/relief program available for older adults and veterans here in Nashville. FiftyForward is one agency of several that can assist older adults filling out the paperwork for this program. Watch it HERE.
March 20, 2017: FiftyForward Executive Director Janet Jernigan was interviewed in mid-March by a number of local television stations to gain insight on potential federal cuts to Meals on Wheels programs. Sharie Loik Goodman, FiftyForward Meal on Wheels director, did a terrific job securing two stellar volunteers who were willing to be interviewed along their routes. View the various media clips below:
From Fox17 News
Feb. 14, 2017: The Nashville Ledger highlights the property tax relief and free program. Read about it HERE and get assistance from FiftyForward Living at Home Care Management by calling (615) 743-3416.
Oct. 21, 2016: Supportive Care Services Director Gretchen Funk was interviewed about her lifelong work in service, heading several programs where caregiving is the focus of service. Read about her work HERE (page 17).
July 21, 2016: The Center for Nonprofit Management names its annual “30 in their ’30s” and FiftyForward Madiosn Station Director Kelsey Mahaffey was honored in the list. Read it HERE.
May 19, 2016: FiftyForward RSVP program receives national recognition and accolades for its work with K-4 students in math and reading as well as with military personnel and veterans. Read all about it HERE.
March 27, 2016: Mary Hance, better known to readers of The Tennessean as “Ms. Cheap,” wrote a wonderful article on FiftyForward centers, activities and programming. (Please note: Due to the partnership agreement that exists between the YMCA and the FiftyForward J. L. Turner Center, members 50+ who join the facility benefit from full access to programs at locations of both organizations in Middle Tennessee. Membership dues are consistent with YMCA rates.) Read about it HERE.
Feb. 9, 2016: FiftyForward celebrates its 60th anniversary this year. Click HERE to read about our impact in the community and our ongoing mission to serve adults 50+.
Nov. 26, 2015: FiftyForward Meals on Wheels delivers more than 300 meals this Thanksgiving, bringing the holiday cheer to many of our homebound clients. Watch the video HERE from NewsChannel 5.
Nov. 18, 2015: Viva la Diva created a new timed category to its roster this year and celebrated Pam Jennings as our first aquatic runner. She ran a Viva 5K time of 31:54. She inspired us to stay active and embrace the challenges head on! You read about her Viva run HERE.
Nov. 14, 2015: FiftyForward Martin Center celebrated its 10th anniversary of Martin Masters by featuring the artists of York & Company Art Gallery. Read about it HERE in Nashville Arts.
Oct. 3, 2015: There’s a lot happening at all the FiftyForward centers, but FiftyForward College Grove is especially hopping this time of year. Read about it HERE.
Sept. 11, 2015: To mark this year’s 9/11 anniversary RSVP partnered with the USO to collect dry goods for the military who pass through several USO centers in the greater Nashville area, including the USO Welcome Center at BNA. This 9/11 National Day of Service and Remembrance brought our dozens of RSVP and center members volunteers to collect food at select area Kroger stores. Red about it HERE.
July 29, 2015: With the success of the partnership between Meals on Wheels and Teleflora’s Make Someone Smile campaign, local company Edible Arrangements wanted to help out, too. The kindly donated fresh fruit to accompany today’s delivery of meals. WSMV Channel 4 covered the delivery. Watch it HERE.
July 22, 2015: FiftyForward Meals on Wheel teamed with Teleflora and local florist Rebel Hill Florists to provide a bit of cheer to its clients in the annual Make Someone Smile® campaign. WSMV Channel 4 covered the campaign. See the video HERE.
June 9, 2015: In preparation for the upcoming 6th annual Hats Off to Bordeaux! event at FiftyForward Patricia Hart Building, Jennifer Mobley spoke with the Tennessee tribune about the event and how it celebrates the Bordeaux community. Watch the video HERE.
April 2015: FiftyForward Crown Affair celebrated its 26th year with another lovely reception, silent auction, and catered dinner. Read about it HERE.
March 31, 2015: FiftyForward’s signature fundraising event, Crown Affair, added a special recognition event to honor all its past honorees. It was a festive cocktail reception with many of the agency’s past honorees coming together for the first time. Read about it HERE.
Feb. 2015: This year marked the 25th work anniversary of FiftyForward Executive Director Janet Jernigan and Associate Executive Director Adrienne Newman and they were named 2015’s Dynamic Duo Women of Influence by the Nashville Business Journal. They spoke about their experience and this wonderful honor. Watch the video HERE.
December 26, 2014: FiftyForward Meals on Wheels Christmas Day deliveries were featured on Channel 2 here in Nashville. More than 300 meals were delivered by volunteers who make it a cheerful day for older adults. http://wkrn.com/2014/12/25/volunteers-give-hot-meals-warm-smiles-to-seniors/
October 2014: Candace Waligora, FiftyForward J. L. Turner Center program director, was one of five artists chosen (out of 35 entrants) to paint a decorative bollard outside of The Frist. The Frist captured the process with a short video that you can view HERE. Kudos to Candace–we are so proud of her wonderful work!
July 24, 2014: The Larry Keeton Theatre, as part of FiftyForward Donelson Station, received rave reviews for its production of Seussical The Musical. Read it HERE.
July 24, 2014: FiftyForward Meals on Wheels recipients received a meal and a smile (in the form of flowers) as we partnered with Teleflora Tennessee and Rebel Hill Florists for the national Make Someone Smile® Campaign. WKRN Channel 2’s Alan Devine covered the story and you can view it here: http://www.wkrn.com/category/175880/video-landing-page?clipId=10397706&autostart=true
For more information on FiftyForward Meals on Wheels, please contact Sharie Loik at (615) 463-2264 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 17, 2014: FiftyForward FLIP tutor Patty Young is featured in a story in the Williamson AM/Tennessean. Read it HERE. For more information about Friends Learning in Pairs (FLIP), please call Sandra Thomas at (615) 743-3422.
July 7, 2014: FiftyForward College Grove welcomed Statesman Ben Franklin (actor Herb Wallace), reading a monologue written by member Luke Boyd. The Williamson Herald wrote a feature article about this wonderful visit. Click HERE to read.
June 30, 2014: The FiftyForward Martin Center Card Crusaders were featured in a Tennessean story when U.S. Rep. Marsha Blackburn paid a visit to see their work first hand. Clink HERE to read.
May 30, 2014: The Tennessean featured a story on FiftyForward Meals on Wheels volunteer Barry Coggins. Barry has delivered meals and smiles for more than 20 years. To read the story, click here or read the pdf.
April 22, 2014: The 9th Annual Music and Memories at FiftyForward Martin Center will feature hometown singer, Melinda Dolittle, the third-place finisher during the sixth season of “American Idol” in 2007, in our fundraising concert at the Franklin Theatre. Tickets are available ($42/pp) but will sell out quickly! Read the story HERE.
April 3, 2014: FiftyForward Government Affairs Committee sponsored a Close Up with the Candidates open house with Davidson County candidates up for election in May. The event was held at FiftyForward Patricia Hart Building, on Wed., April 2, 1:30 -3:30 p.m. The Tennessean posted this article about the forum. Read it HERE or click Here to read it online:
March 2014: FiftyForward Victory Over Crime Director Carolyn Biggers was interviewed by Channel 5 as she explains how FiftyForward advocates for older adults (50+) who have been victimized. We help them become survivors. If you know someone who could use our services or if you have been a victim of a scam or other crime, please call (615) 743-3417.
Clink HERE to view the video.
December 25, 2013: Mr. Richard Parker, a FiftyForward Foster Grandparent program volunteer, is highlighted in this touching story about the Napier community in The Tennessean on Christmas Day.
Click HERE to view.
November 2013: FiftyForward Martin Center gets into the holiday giving spirit as well as receiving a visit from miniature donkeys. Read about it HERE.
November 2013: FiftyForward College Grove Center Director, Sarah Stephens, finds joy and purpose in an occupation that supports her hometown residents. Read about it HERE.
October 2013: FiftyForward Martin Center’s Martin Masters Art Show features guest artist Frank Gee. Read about it HERE.
July 29, 2013: FiftyForward Martin Center’s Card Crusaders made the news again! See the lovely surprise that was waiting for them at the center!
June 2013: FiftyForward Martin Center’s upcoming Music and Memories concert featuring the Grascals has been featured in several Brentwood publications. Tickets are going quickly! Call to reserve your seat!
June, 2013: Join us for FiftyForward’s Hats Off to Bordeaux! Luncheon and Hat Fashion Show. View our press release for more details. For tickets, please call FiftyForward, (615) 743-3400.
June, 2013: FiftyForward College Grove hosts a yard sale and a multitude of fun and informative activities. Read more about it in the Triune.
February, 2013: FiftyForward’s Foster Grandparents were featured on News Channel 2 in February, 2013.
View the video here.
FiftyForward RSVP commemorates a National Day of Service on MLK Day. View the article from the Tennessean online!