We all want a place where we can truly be known and appreciated as the special individuals we are — where we can connect with others while enjoying a day full of fun and enriching activities.
FiftyForward Adult Day Services is that kind of place, a licensed program where adults 50 and older—who may have cognitive, memory, health or physical needs—can continue to thrive and enjoy an active life.
FiftyForward’s Adult Day Services was the first program of its kind in Middle Tennessee. Our nurturing and supportive day program features a variety of engaging, fun activities that encourage daily learning, social interaction and connection, and an enhanced quality of life for adults 50 and older who may have cognitive or physical needs which prevent them from staying home alone safely.
Additionally, caregivers benefit from services that support their caregiving role and minimize the time spent away from work and other family obligations. Caregivers have confidence in knowing their loved ones are well-cared for and engaged in meaningful activities.
FiftyForward Adult Day Services customers benefit from:
- Sensitive, accessible and enjoyable programming;
- Relationships with peers and professional, caring staff;
- Assessment to determine needs;
- Individualized services that maximize program benefits;
- Nutritious food (morning/afternoon snacks and hot lunch);
- Medication reminders;
- Referrals and consultation for other needs; and
- Transportation (depending on location) to and from the program and for field trips.
FiftyForward Adult Day Services customers experience:
- Enhanced outlook and quality of life, and a;
- Safe and caring environment.
Caregivers with loved ones at FiftyForward Adult Day Services:
- Maintain or gain employment or have time for themselves;
- Can relate better with their loved ones who have also had full and productive days;
- Feel at ease because they know their loved ones are in a safe and enjoyable environment; and
- Have access to information/referral and consultation regarding services and their loved one’s well-being.
To qualify for FiftyForward Adult Day Services, you must be:
- Age 50 or older;
- Physically or socially isolated;
- Experiencing mental or physical challenges;
- Able to use bathroom independently;
- Capable of eating with minimal assistance;
- Competent to stand/transfer independently; and
- Willing to participate in group activities.
Adult Day Service is provided on a sliding-fee scale based on income, assets, and expenses. A limited number of subsidized slots are available. Programming is offered Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The FiftyForward Adult Day Services is located within the Patricia Hart Building, 174 Rains Ave., Nashville, TN 37203.
Adult Day Services Team
For more information, please contact our Adult Day Services Director.
This program receives funding from the State of Tennessee (SSBG and CACFP funds), United Way of Greater Nashville, the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America (AFA), FiftyForward, private contributions, program fees and additional grants.