A collaboration between FiftyForward
and the Nashville Food Project
Through an exciting healthy food initiative, our longstanding FiftyForward Meals on Wheels program has been transformed to FiftyForward Fresh, a collaboration between FiftyForward and the Nashville Food Project. The program provides home delivery of the highest-quality fresh, healthy food and continued connection to all essential FiftyForward Supportive Care Services for adults 50 and older.
“FiftyForward Fresh incorporates all of the knowledge we have about the importance of nutrition to good health and uses it to benefit people 50 and older,” says FiftyForward Fresh/Meals on Wheels Director Sharie Loik Goodman. “This is really health-based nutrition.”
FiftyForward Fresh customers benefit from:
- Nutritious home-delivered meals provided Monday through Friday;
- Meals may be purchased for $5/meal;
- Extra groceries to have on hand in case the program is closed due to inclement weather;
- Extra meals and groceries for FiftyForward older adult customers at greatest nutritional risk;
- Traditional Thanksgiving and Christmas Day meals for isolated older adults;
- Friendly visits from caring volunteers who monitor safety and changes; as well as,
- Access to all FiftyForward Supportive Care Services.
FiftyForward Fresh customers experience:
- Better nutrition, health and well-being;
- Decreased isolation; and,
- Security of knowing that a visitor is coming each day.
To be eligible for FiftyForward Fresh, you must:
- Be 50 years of age or older; and
- Have difficulty safely preparing meals or lack the resources to obtain meals;
- Reside in our designated catchment area (when you call us, we will refer you to the appropriate provider, if it isn’t us);
- Participate in an assessment to determine cost of meals;
- (For weekend meals), be participating in a weekday meal program; or,
- Be interested in purchasing FiftyForward Fresh meals to enhance your health and nutrition.
Offering meals and hope to older adults in need begins with you
Access to good nutrition is essential for health and well-being. Every meal counts — especially for older adults.
FiftyForward Fresh delivers nutritious meals with kindness and compassion.
Help FiftyForward continue this good work.
For more information or to request assistance, please contact our FiftyForward Fresh Director.
This program is funded by private charitable contributions, United Way of Metro Nashville, FiftyForward, program fees, and additional grants. FiftyForward is a partner agency of Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee. Visit Second Harvest Food Bank to learn more about their programs.